Annual Community Yard Sale
Yard Sale for 2013!!!
This year the community yard sale will be Saturday, June 1 and the following Saturday, June 8. The doors will be open both Saturday mornings at 7:00.
No pre-sales on Fridays! No merchants or wholesalers until the 2nd week-
Our goal is to help the community. Thank you for honoring that wish!
At our Yard sell we really DON’T SELL ANYTHING – WE GIVE IT AWAY!
If you want – you can leave a DONATION that goes toward the Missions and Ministries of our church. Each year many people come and get their “treasures”!
Through these DONATIONS the Lord has led:
- in 2 mission trips to Mexico and in the building of a home for a family there
- to Canada to share the Lord Jesus with many people groups
- us to serve our community with a free meal and fair in 2009
- In 2010 it took us to Kentucky to serve people in the 7th poorest area
in the United States. We were able to take personal items, paper products, clothes etc. to people in that area while conducting Vacation Bible School, doing construction and home repair projects in three area houses, and various other service projects in that area.
- In 2010 to Old North where items from this sale were used in a similar sale in a fair, free BBQ, and kids camp in that area of St. Louis.
- Last year we were able to send a mission team of 9 to Haiti,
ministering there in varying ways to help the people after their devastating earthquake.
- Last year we were also able to take 35 to Joplin to help with the tornado recovery effort there. What a blessing we received as we were able to minister in many different ways.
We appreciate your participation through the yard sale and your prayers for all those the Lord has allowed us to serve in the last several years.
For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me….
Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.
Matthew 25:35, 36, 40